Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Boyfriend

No, this is not about the play that my school put on last year entitled "The Boyfriend"... rather, this is about my boyfriend. June 13th will be our 8 month anniversary. This may not sound like much to anyone out of high school, but to maintain a relationship more than two weeks is an accomplishment to be proud of for any student.
A friend of mine was dead-set on getting me hooked up with one of her friends and she knew she would have to be careful with who she set me up with since I tend to be pretty leery of people. After some trial and error, she thought that Corey (and yes, I'm dropping the usage of cover-up code names), a friend of hers from school, would be an interesting match. So, Jordanne arranged everything back in October of 2007 over the internet (basically over IM) and the end result became that Corey took me to his Homecoming dance on the 13th of that month. Things progressed and now, here we are. We are steadily dating and there don't seem to be any major incompatibilities. He has just completed his Junior year of high school, and I my Sophomore year. Now that it is the summer we are no longer restricted to seeing each other every Saturday... :)
He plays the piano and soon enough I will post a video of him playing, it's just a matter of editing it to fit since my camera records on such a high resolution. Also, Corey is currently learning the Bass guitar. He is pretty good with computers and writing codes, also.
All because of Jordanne The Match Maker I am now in my first relationship. *Shouts* Thanks, Jordi!!

7 comments:

Corey said...

Hmm...a comment..what is a comment? TIME TO WIKIPEDIA! And I quote: "A comment is generally a verbal or written remark. The use of the word is often related to an added piece of information, or an observation or statement." BEHOLD, THE POWER OF WIKIPEDIA! Anyway...I love you Beth, and I will have to write a corresponding post about this, very nice! *winks and thumbs up*

Beth said...

lol, I love you, too. And you are a strange, strange boy.

DiAnne said...

No incompatibilities, eh?

There's really just the one...your mother is incompatible with the concept of her daughter dating ANY horny little teenage boy. Can't we find a nice prepubescent boyfriend for you?

Ahh, but as far as boyfriends go, I'd say you got pretty lucky for your first one. You have a fella who adores you (and tolerates me). I'm glad you are so happy.

Beth said...

Yes, it is an amazing feat to tolerate you!

~♥Heather♥~ said...

I congradulate you and Corey on your 8 month anniversary! Paul and my anniversary will be on June 25th. And to quote Paul,
"So, I think you're a pretty cool chick, and that you think I'm a pretty cool dude. So...yeah." I love him.

Beth said...

lol, he is soooo funny.

Anonymous said...

aww!
u guys must be a cute couple!!