Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Break, Splurges, and Smiles

It's been a long while, but I miss doing this. Somehow I've managed to keep up with facebook and my journal, so I guess I should be able to keep this updated (at least relatively so).
My last day of class before break was Thursday, and heck, that day was already a party! Kyle brought in his Wii system, and some of the "Loungies" (people of the lounge at my college) played an old middle school favorite: Yu-Gi-Oh!
Yesterday, Friday, Mom and I went shopping and I splurged most of my money for the month on over $40 in books -- so worth it! And, Mom bought her new Nook; now she won't stop saying how she's going to get "nookie in bed tonight." Yup, gotta love her. Along with going to the Barnes & Noble for all of that, we went to Sam's Club and I got my monthly stash of jalapeno poppers. ... And a new laptop! Good thing I'm great with money had have enough already saved up so I didn't break the bank! I've already put about 1/16 of my music on it and all of the school files I'll need.
The future forecast says that I've got some even more smiles coming! Wed-Thurs Josh will be spending the night here and we'll celebrate our one-year anniversary. Then, Fri-Sat I'll spend the night at his house since he doesn't have work. Then, I've got Easter Sunday where I hope to meet Uncle Brian's elusive new lady friend... They must be serious because in all previous relationships, he just never told us anything about her. This time there was a Valentine gift and a romantic evening we were filled in about and also given some tantalizing tips as to what kind of chick she is. Somewhere in those plans, Josh and I plan to go up to the Football Hall of Fame -- the Christmas gift I got him this past December.
All in all, I have high hopes for this coming week! Woo hoo for spring break! I need it... After this, I've got two projects to work on for my lit class and two tests in the same week we return from break. Talk about reality crashing back down. And, then the ACT the Saturday after the first week back! Lovely!

1 comment:

DiAnne said...

Well, let's face it, the only pleasure I'll get in my bedroom is from my Nook, not from real nookie. :( I need a life.

I'm glad to see you back blogging. I love your entries. I'll keep you writing.

Love you!