Monday, July 27, 2009

Back Again, Only to Pack Again! PART TWO!


I came home from Camp McPherson on Friday. And lo and behold, Josh showed up that evening as we all celebrated my birthday at Texas Roadhouse.

Later Jordi came over and gave me her gifts. All in all, I got a twilight shirt, a necklace, and a box Total Cereal (best choice ever!) from Jordanne; a twilight game from Heather, my sister; two Edgar Allen Poe books (one of which was published in 1904, awesome), and an art project of his that I've always admired from Josh; a facial powder container that is an antique from Mom (because I love loose facial powder and I always use Coty powder); and an antique candy dish from Grandma (with candies included)!
Camp was amazing. The only downfall was that my camera broke. A friend of mine, Dennis, set out to fix it when it broke on Wednesday. He discovered the problem upon opening it up, hooked a few wires back together, and it was fixed! I was estatic that he could fix it! But, while the microchips were exposed, a girl came up behind us in the pavilion and broke a waterballoon all over it (by accident). So, there was no salvation for my camera while at church camp. But, the next morning, when I went in for my breakfast dose of food meds, the nurse said I could use her camera all I wanted! How amazing! She couldn't essentially leave the nurse's office that much, and therefore couldn't get pictures she wanted; so, she was more than willing to let me use hers, provided I took care of it (of course, I did). The day I returned she emailed me all the pictures that were taken with her camera and I didn't miss a single camp memory!
The weather was actually to my liking most of the time. It was hot-ish out (80s), but the rain and 24/7 fog and misty-rain cancled that out. It made for some amazing pictures and felt nice with the heat.
We were organized by tribes (the twelve tribes of the bible, of course!) and my tribe was Tribe Zebulun.

I really liked this years challenges, they all resembled Survivor challenges. It was pretty cool, and the way they made it this year, there wasn't much of a "compitition" factor to it where people tend to get carried away, but more fun than anything.
But, now I'm back home again, and I'm getting all my missed work compleated so that I can be ready for when my family and I leave to go to Virginia to see my step-mom and her kids (the woman my dad married and her kids from another marriage). We're going to leave very soon. We've got it planned perfectly so that I can return home again in time to celebrate Jordi's 17th birthday and go to Ceder Point with her and Tony and Josh.
By the time I get back, it will almost be time to get ready for school to start up again! Oh my goodness!

No comments: