Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Oh, My God! What Is That!?

I had a huge scare last night. Mom and I went shopping yesterday and afterwords, we went to a Rally's drive-thru and dined at one of the outside tables. We were by a busy street and Mom felt something hit her back and said, "Hey, someone just threw something at me." I was surprised that something could actually hit her from where we were sitting. So, putting down my milkshake, I glance around the ground to see what hit mom. Nothing. Then as I twist back around to the table, I glance two big, beady, black eyes staring straight at me from Mom's back! I screamed and jumped out of my seat and ran a few steps back, screaming "Oh, my God, what is that!?" The giant bug was clinging to her back, and it had shiny wings and a green-ish body (but, it was dark, so it could have been a different color). She started to scream too, and people eating in their truck a few spots away started to rubberneck wondering what could possibly have happened. Mom jumped out of her seat and started dancing around trying to get it off. It fell to the ground and we looked puzzled at the odd insect. It was a cecada. I'd never seen one alive, only the shells on headstones and trees. It laid on the ground, belly up. It was surely dead. So, we went back to eating, laughing about it, but still creeped out and hoping we saw no more. I was truly grossed out. When we finished eating, the guys from inside Rally's came out to see what had happened. We went to the car, and they stood around it, looking at it and laughing like we did. Then as Mom was about to pull away, the cecada took flight again! We thought that little bugger was dead! We ate by it! *GAG* The guys jumped back and cackled with laughter. We idled the van a few moments more and watched it's creepy flight around the overhead lights above the drive-thru.
YUCK! It left my skin crawling.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

EWWWWWW! I feel so bad for Dianne.