Sunday, June 19, 2011

A New Life

So much has happened within my hiatus, most of it not noteworthy. (I have graduated high school, became engaged, transformed into a stronger employee, continued my education, sought involvement in school programs, got involved in modern gaming, and even acquired a new car.) In summation, there have been many little changes! But, there is one piece that began as a little change which has now blossomed into a big whopping chunk of my life... and is certain to grow!

At the beginning of the Spring '11 semester, I thought to myself something along the lines of "Hey, be awesome and start something here on campus - A psychology club!" But, I lacked all get-up-and-go, gumption, and the elbow grease to put it in motion. Two days later, a classmate announced to the class his interest in making a psych club and I jumped on board instantly. Though I can't say it was only my brain-child, I can say that it has opened many doors that I didn't even know were on hinges and in place! Weeks later, Nicholas (the classmate), and I had become members of the Student Activities Council in an attempt to further the creation of the club. Less than a month later a friend of mine, Kelsey, who had been involved in SAC all year, glided on up to me hoping I could help her out. Turns out she wanted to run for President of the SAC and have me as her running mate for VP! My heart leaped at the chance to help her out and maybe even get some good things rolling on campus. A hop, skip, and a jump into the future, the Psych Club became a proper noun and a real entity on the campus and I became the secretary, campaigns were underway for SAC (we were, as they say "Friends in the SAC"), finals were just around the corner, and scheduling for the fall became chaotic (split enrollment *insert Macaulay Culkin's Home Alone face*).

This has morphed into me becoming not only the Secretary for the Psych Club (a position I chose because I didn't want the duties or pressure of anything higher up), I am also the Vice President of SAC and have been placed into many sub-facets of SAC. Summer vacation even became school-enveloped as the cabinet members of SAC had to entirely revamp the constitution, organize new standing and ad-hoc committees, and plan for next semester. So, I've also become the chair of the Programming Committee and an appointed (by the Dean) member of the Complaint Review Board! PHEW!

Now... I just need to figure out how to handle going to both KSU-Tuscarawas and KSU-Stark campuses simultaneously (for some classes not offered at Tusc, despite being told they would be, because a professor went on sabbatical). Bleh...

2 comments:

DiAnne said...

You make my head spin.

Beth said...

This whole thing makes my head spin!