Sunday, July 3, 2011

One More Step Towards Adulthood

After being declined by my own bank, I received a letter from Discover telling me all about how splendid their credit card is and how I should totally get one with their special code. Of course, there is nothing special about a credit card, it is just non-existent money, sends many into debt, and helps build a credit score. For this little college student, it is the latter that I'm interested in!

It is a scary step, but I really needed to start building some credit if I intend to get things accomplished when I'm rich and famous. I've already begun to further my education, become engaged, set the plot-lines for my career, and aside from living in/owning my own place, this is one the last few steps to adulthood! Intimidating and enticing, this card creates a slippery slope... one I don't intend to fall down. Thus far, I have made one purchase: a "www.shirt.woot.com" shirt. No reckless spending for me!

Any of you all have suggestions or even horror stories about credit cards?

1 comment:

Jordanne said...

Hey, you picked the blog back up.