Thursday, July 24, 2008

So, Were Have I Been?

After disappearing off the net for almost two months, I make yet another return. Between an amazing week at church camp (despite what my boyfriend thinks, it was a wonderful experience), learning guitar (then deciding i want to learn bass, my true desire), scurrying about to replace everything lost in The Great Toaster Fire of '08, trying to find room on my computer to put on my multitude of pictures, and reading every book in sight, I simply ran out of time to do anything more than possibly have a side-thought of writing an entry.
The upcoming school year--my impending doom-- is drawing ever closer. This will be my most challenging year yet, and I made it all the more challenging by deciding to add to being a Junior in high school with being a Freshman at college! But, before that self-induced torture engrosses my life (hey, does that make me a masochist?) I get to go to Ceder Point for the second time this summer! The first time around, I went with the select group of kids from my youth group who completed the school-year-length bible reading challenge; it was just Adam, Samantha, and me accompanied by Pastor Chris and his wife, Anna (sans baby). I rode almost every single roller-coaster there and even got Adam, who is terrified of heights, to ride a few! We got there at opening time and left at closing, and that's the way to do it!
My next trip there will be with a close friend, Jordanne, for her 16th birthday. Her dad and step mom told her to pick three friends to take a long, and I just so happened to be one of those lucky few. We leave one day, get a hotel, and ride all day long the next day. It shall be epic!
Today I get my car sterio put in to my little Barbie Car (a '91 Geo Metro for all you car folks) that I love. Mom and Grandma (materialgirl for all of you who read the toaster link's comment) (those links say what I don't have time to say) both pitched in and got me a sterio/radio/cd player for my birthday (17 now! I'm an old fogey!) this past Sunday. Also, I got a new journal from Sam, along with a glass bear that is amazingly cool; several cds from Jordi; and since Corey upgraded his bass, I get his old one (now I get to learn what i really want to learn! YES!); then I got a Shawshank Redemption screenplay from Elizabeth (she knows how much I adore anything King-related).
So, that's life for me, well, at least the things worth mentioning.

3 comments:

DiAnne said...

We've missed you. You've had all summer to be lazy and spend as much time as you want writing in your blog and this is the first entry. Come September, you won't even be able to take the time to say "excuse me" when you burp because you will be so busy.

Beth said...

Oh, lovely analogy.

Anonymous said...

WOW! you sure have had a busy summer!