Thursday, August 21, 2008

Prison Escape

While school sometimes can seem as an escape from reality where Ritual had sex with Systematic Order and together they birthed the hum-drum monotony that will glide a student easily through about eight hours of a day, it can also use those same elements to become a torturous prison. Last year it was a prison. But this year, I am making a daily prison break as I scramble out of the school doors, gasping for the clean air of the outside world-- an air that is not filled with echoes of long division, John Brown, nor participial phrase lessons. How can I manage this and not be marked truant as I walk out right pass the principal standing guard? Well, I only have one class at the high school and the rest are at Kent. Luckily for me, HS started on Wednesday while Kent doesn't classes until next week.
It's giving me time to get things organized and get back into the swing of things for school. All the while I get to snicker as everyone else is trapped listening to lectures upon rants upon self-help videos. But, I can't help but to feel as if I should be deathly ill because that's the only time that I'm home from school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

everyone else is stuck in school now, but i don't have to go back until Sept. 2. :D. I agree with school sometimes being a prison though, i can never wait to get out and go to practice. Except for art, i really like art class.

- Michelle

Anonymous said...

be happy now
but most high schoolers have trouble in college
and if you think last year was prison welcome to maximum security!