Saturday, May 23, 2009

What a Day!

Oh, my! Today has been quite the day.
It's almost three in the morning as I type this, and yet I'm fairly awake, despite it being a LONG day. But, it was a FUN day.
I woke up at about 7:30am and did my normal routine, preparing to head to the high school and planning on arriving at 9:40 like always. But, then, as nine o'clock rolls around, I realize, it's Friday! Friday means squeeze schedules at the high school. Third period starts at twenty-one after, and I’m running late! Makeup isn’t done, hair is frizzy, this is exam review day, I can’t risk falling behind. Without a doubt, I start panicking. So, I race through my morning routine, and manage to get to the classroom right at 21 after. But… no one is in there, not even the teacher. Time for more panic! I go through the hall and look for where my teacher and the class could be. Several doors down, I find her in another teacher’s classroom. As it turns out, it ISN’T squeeze schedule, and I am, in fact, early to class! After she explains this and we head back to the classroom, I take advantage of the extra time and work ahead on the massive review packet.
In class, my teacher invited the entire class over to her newly built (still in process, I should say) geo-dome home for a tour and cookies. The entire year she has kept the class updated on the progress of her new home. Pictures, stories, and all that good stuff. She said that the class could stop by any time between three and five; she even gave us directions.
I plan out the rest of my day on the car ride back to the house. Josh comes over after he returns from driving Bruce to Canton at around 12:30, which means I have from 10:40 until then to do math homework, fix my hair again, eat something, and other random things. Then, he’d hang out until 2:30, at which point we’d head over to the Dome Home. By four o’clock, Josh and I would be back home, and head out to Wooster to deliver some money to an acquaintance of his that he owed him from when school was in session. We’d be back by 6, which gave us time to eat dinner with the family, hang out, and play Wii.
Those plans promptly went out the window.
At 11:40-ish, Grandpa called and said he needed me to drive out to the Garage (the place where he works on cars) because he needed to compare the way my convertible’s ragtop was attached to Heather’s new car (which is basically identical to mine) so that he could properly install her ragtop. So, there went all of my prep time. I drive out there, and Grandpa says that it’ll only take twenty minutes or so. Needless to say, I don’t make it home in time, so I have to tell Josh to show up at my house later than planned since I wouldn’t be there. I had no problem helping Grandpa, though. I like being able to help.
I get home, and the instant I walk in the door, Josh is calling, asking when it’s ok to show up. He arrives five minutes later, and 45 minutes after that, we head out to the Dome Home.
The tour was amazing. That house is so MASSIVE and spacious and beautiful! Once everything is finished, the house will be gorgeous. But, since Josh and I are on a time constraint because we need to meet the person he owes money to at a set time, we have to head out before most of the people show up.
We go back to my house, jump in his car, and head out north on I-77, assuming that we know exactly what we’re doing. Well, it doesn’t take long to discover that we have NO IDEA what we’re doing.
We get lost, nearly end up in Cuyahoga Falls (which is close to the northern-most point of Ohio, right by Lake Erie). At that time, we decide to turn around, call his mom, and admit we’re lost without any sense. She miraculously knows exactly how to get us from this random place to a town we’ve never been in, all right from the mental maps resting on the tip of her tongue. What could have been a 30 minute drive turned into an hour and a half drive just to get there! Then, we can’t find the meeting spot, and we end up in the “getto” (if you can call it that) of Wooster. Now we call his friend and he somehow figures out where we are, meets us, and guides us to a safer place. There, we make idle chat, and Josh pays him what he owes. Then he tells us how to get back to my house. I don’t think we got home until 6:40 or so… It was CRAZY! We got lost so many times, over and over, on our way to Wooster (which turned out to be a lot closer than we thought to where I live), and then on the way home, it’s smooth sailing because we have accurate directions from his mother combined with that of his friend we met. Both of which collaborated with what my grandma said we should do.
Finally, when we made it back to I-77, I called Mom that she should have Grandma start the food right away because both Josh and I are famished.
Back at the house, we sit at the table talking for nearly an hour after we finish our meal of home-made hamburgers (YUM!) and discuss all sorts of random stuff, most of which often got turned dirty. Then we finally get all settled in, and Mom and Grandma have to leave to pick up Heather from some party thing, leaving Josh and me alone in the house, which shocked me. Granted, nothing dirty or bad happened, and they knew it wouldn’t, but it still was a surprise.
Then, towards the end of the night we watch the Cavs game and each time Mom walked in, they started losing; it didn’t take long for us to banish her. Needless to say, with just the last second left on the clock, they managed to come up and WIN! It was amazing. They were down a few points, and with one wild shot, the game was won. It was just awe-striking.
And per usual, Josh didn’t leave until about 1am. Frequently, he just crashes on the couch, often with another guy (Tony, or Billy, thus far), and just sleeps here. Mom loves having him around. It’s amazing how well they get along. I love it.
So, yeah, my day was crazy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh sounds insanely cool!! Too bad the Cavaliers lost the series..

DiAnne said...

Wait a minute...how could you possibly get lost? Didn't your mom give you a $250 GPS a few months ago? Hmmm??? Oh, I guess it only works if you remember to take it with you. LOL!

Beth said...

Yeah, I almost actually had him turn around when we were only five miles away from home so that we could go get it. But we decided we'd be fine without it. Needless to say, we ended up turning around at the hobo on an off ramp. :D