Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Down Time

I could have watched the half time on my down time on Sunday, but when I walked into my room (homework all done) I sat at my desk and asked myself "what should I do?" I sat there for a few minutes mindlessly playing solitaire and then it hit me! I can work on my story! Being the writer that I am, I was thrilled so much that I ran upstairs and went screaming to Mom, full of glee. I haven't had time to work on it yet this school year since my homework load has been so, well, loaded. I sat down and worked my heart out on it, mostly editing though. But now I've got my creative juices running and I find that I've got little snip-bits of ideas for the upcoming chapter and little poems that I could pen out later all floating around in my head! Oh, how I do miss my free time!
The next day at school I brought the story with me on a flash drive and started bilking the school's paper and ink supply. They have a 10 page limit rule for printing things out... but I went around that rule. I needed to print out my story for a hard copy since my computer has been crashing so frequently recently, and I made a solution since I didn't want to waste all of my precious little amount of ink. I went in before my first period to the school's library and printed out ten pages, then during second period art class when I had finished everything, my teacher let me go down and print some "stuff" and I printed off ten more. Next period was my study hall and I printed out 10 more pages. Then at lunch I had Elmo print off ten more pages! Forty pages already taken care of! The next day (today) I finished it off doing the same little trick.
79 pages total, and the story seems to finally be taking form. I personally don't think it is all that great (but I'm defiantly not an optimist, so...)but my school friend who sits beside me in Bio... hmmm, I need a name for him... don't have one yet though... anyway, he said it was great, and so does Elmo and Stalin and Cookie Monster. They're the only ones who have read it so far.
At one point I thought about publishing it on here in little intermittent chunks, but I doubt that it would work.

3 comments:

DiAnne said...

How horrible is it that I haven't read it since its very early stages? For awhile, you held off and said you didn't want me to read it, but that excuse doesn't float. If you let those snarky teenagers read it, your mom gets the same privilege.

Beth, you absolutely amaze me with your talent. You're such an amazing creature.

Beth said...

"Snarky Teenagers" where do you get this from? my friends are awesome!

Anonymous said...

WHAT?!
well your mom sounds like an old geezer