Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Future

A school teacher may ask a second-grader what they want to be when they grow up, well as a sophomore in high school, I still cannot answer that simple question. Some little kids may say they want to be a firefighter, police officer, nurse, astronaut, or a mom or dad even, but my mind has offered no reply!
In school it's getting to that time where they really start to pressure you to think of your future; the scheduling for our junior year revolves around what we want to do with our lives. I'm actually looking at doing Post Secondary for my junior year rather than finishing up at my school. I, being just a random young lady, have never really thought much on my actual future, and now it is really starting to hit me that maybe I should have been planing. There are plenty of things that I could "grow up to be." I have the grades and the brains- not necessarily the commitment nor the time- to go to college and become an influential part of the world but money seems to be a very big issue. So, Post Secondary... free schooling... no book fees... high school and college credit... it seems as if it is a very wise choice, but I worry about the work load, the fact that I won't be around friends, and of course, I worry about the acceptance of having classes with people who could be at least five years older than me.
All my life I've been a "people watcher"... that leads me into the psychology/ sociology field. I love to help people... nursing, social worker, law enforcement and all that good stuff. I love science, anatomy, biology (and all the things like that)... that list gives me anything medical basically. There is just so much that that could metamorphose from this little person named "Beth."
*sigh* If only I could jump to the future and figure out what will come of all of this schooling... or just in general, I don't even know what my future will look like in general!
And now I need to end this rant and go finish up my last worksheet before bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it will be what you want it to be
and yes this practically will be your last year with your high school friends
hopefully you and them can move on
you can try to keep in touch but you may end up moving on

Beth said...

I'm not worried so much about the friends issue as I am with the work load. But, I do hope to keep all of my friends from high school.