Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Average? Wire?

*Sigh*
All of my homework is done! YES! For once in all of my memory of this year, I have no homework in AP US History!
So, all of my work is done, it seems implausible!
The question is: now what would the average teen do?
Why, work on tomorrow's homework, of course!
Well... I guess I'm far from average, because no other teen in this universe would sit here and work ahead of the class.
My workload is so huge everyday that I usually have 4 binders, 3 school books, 2 folders, 1 workbook, and 1 calculator to take home!
I've yet to crack under this pressure; I just wish I could say the same for some of my friends. Recently, school has become a mammoth on my back that craps in my face each time I try to look for a silver lining in the dark clouds up above.
I don't have the "average classes," the "average workload," the "average home," or let alone the "average life!" LOL! But it helps that I don't have the "average mindset of a teenager."
The only way I've managed to get through this school year is by the saving grace of my music! Ever since I can remember I've been listening to music, and it's always been an escape for me when I'm stressed, or when life isn't "good" in general.
Each day i walk the halls and sit in class listening to music in one ear and listening to teachers in the other.
My friends and I all "wire" ourselves before we head out for school in the morning. Since it's the popular look to wear a tank-top underneath of a tee-shirt (or whatever else you wear) we just run the wires from our MP3 players in our pockets, under the tee-shirt (but over the tank), and around to our backs, up to our ears and the headphone wires are hidden by our hair! We even have little holes cut into our hoodies behind the pockets so that we could pop the wires through there into the pockets rather than into our pants pockets! All we have to do to hear a teacher talk is hide one headphone down under our shirt on our shoulder!
Most teachers don't notice, and some teachers don't care if you listen to music in their class in the first place! Technically it's against school rules to permit any electronics in class (like cells or cd players or MP3 players) but if you look in the back of any guy's pocket, there will most likely be a Zune or an iPod or something like that; and, the same goes for any girl, they've probably got one in their purse! But most teachers will let you listen to music on down time.
So far, my grades have yet to suffer from this, and I've been doing it since 7th grade when I got my first MP3 player.
To recap: I'm far from average, and I'm always wired! lol!

6 comments:

DiAnne said...

And I thought most teenagers were just wired on caffeine.

A mom's first reaction is to say "stop listening to that music in class!" But you've proven yourself...you've kept your grades up, you keep up with the homework, and your teachers (other than the Nazi) think you do amazing work.

Forget my first reaction and just keep doing what you're doing.

Beth said...

I plan to! Because, I went to school today wired, and kept it that way all day long! :P

Anonymous said...

first dianne who is the nazi?

second this is a cool trick if music helps you think and does not destract you

Anonymous said...

oh and yeah most teens are wired on caffeine
-Elmo

ask beth

DiAnne said...

The "Nazi" is Beth's pain-in-the-butt language arts teacher. He has a German name and runs his class like a concentration camp! And I think you'd have to be from an Aryan nation to get a passing grade in that class, too! I swear I'm going to make a voodoo doll with his face on it!

Anonymous said...

AMEN! I like the voodoo doll idea

that is why next semester this smart person is going to get outa that you know what.
unfortunatly i have to go to the regular class because of his system which stinks for me
-Elmo

sorry beth i sort of got a major rant there