Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hijacked!

All technology must have a very severe aversion towards me since it seems like everything that I come in contact with that has a microchip decides to self-destruct. I came home from camp to find all sorts of things wrong with my computer (which I just reformatted less than a month ago), like one day when I came home from school my computer had managed to turn itself on, access the web and bring up all sorts of "nasty" pop-ups and banner ads. I noticed that on the title bar of each thing that would come up it would say "outerinfo." My computer-geek mother and I scavenged the internet and found out what it was... turns out it's a computer hijacker. In the past 24 hours my computer has been turning on and off by itself and then proceeding to try and say that it's opening up something but then just shuts down again only to restart the cycle. I couldn't keep it turned on any longer than a minute before it would shut off of it's own accord. So, I couldn't get any of my school files off to save them! My entire Biology report would be gone! All of my notes for classes! But luckily, Mom, being the genius that she is, told me how to put it into "safe mode" so that only the basic drivers would run and I would be able to salvage my important files. Now, this blasted computer needs to be reformatted AGAIN before I can use it! Mom has set me up with her work laptop so that I can do my school work (which I'm allegedly doing at this very moment).
And to hit home the point that all technology hates me, just as I was telling Elmo about this story today after school, the toaster decided to make weird buzzing noises right as I popped in my waffle. Just my luck...
Well, I need to go back to figuring out how to use Mom's Vista so that I can work on my homework. Camp stories will come later... but no one died and there were no mega natural disasters this time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

trust me techology does hate her!
let her no where near any of your important devices!
-ELMO

Beth said...

Oh, gee, thanks Elmo! Damage my self-esteem why don't you!

DiAnne said...

You know...calling your mom a Genius just to butter her up so that she doesn't thwack you on the knuckles for blogging instead of doing homework is a pretty good trick.

Beth said...

I wasn't trying to butter you up, it's just a fact that you're really smart and very good with computers.